Each of us cannot imagine our daily diet without bread, because bread has been an integral part of human nutrition since ancient times.
No matter what happens in the world and no matter how the economic situation worsens, the popularity and demand for bakery products will never decrease.
And for this reason, doing business, the essence of which is the production and sale of various bakery products, will never lose its relevance.
Before starting a business , it is necessary to draw up a bakery business plan in which to calculate all costs, risks, etc.
What is this business — organizing a bakery?
A bakery is an enterprise whose main specialization is the implementation of the baking process for its further sale.
This enterprise can operate jointly with institutions such as super- and hypermarkets, as well as independently. Some cities have entire networks of mini-bakeries.
The sale of their products occurs from car trailers, but in most cases, entrepreneurs taking the first steps in this line of business organize an enterprise located in a separate room.
The main advantages that make this business idea attractive
The undeniable advantages of bakeries include the following:
- the minimum level of space requirements;
- the presence of a minimum initial investment and a fairly significant profitability;
- installation of baking equipment takes place for a fairly short time period;
- the involvement of highly qualified specialists is not a prerequisite due to the fact that hired personnel master the technique of making bakery products in just a couple of days.
What is the cost of implementing a bakery business plan?
In order to open such an enterprise as a bakery, which is planned to be located in a rented premises, an investment of 970 thousand dollars is required.
Major investments include:
- cosmetic repairs in the room — 150 thousand rubles;
- purchase and installation of bakery equipment on a turnkey basis — 350 thousand rubles;
- purchase of materials and raw materials necessary for production — 70 thousand rubles;
- obtaining permits and approvals for the right to carry out this activity, as well as quality certificates — 150 thousand rubles;
- expenses for business registration and other expenses of an organizational nature — 50 thousand rubles;
- reserve fund — 200 thousand rubles.
Possible risks of this business
Any business is a risky venture and this type of entrepreneurial activity is also not without certain risks, which are as follows:
- an increasing number of similar firms that are competitors in this market. You can read about how to compete better in this type of business in this article ;
- lack of subsidized state support;
- an increase in the number of requirements for the production process and price regulation by the state, which consists in establishing a maximum trade margin.
In order to avoid the risk of incurring losses in the course of business, it is necessary to correctly draw up a bakery business plan.
Bakery Business Plan: Basic Implementation Steps
- Write a business plan for a bakery.
- Registration process for the legalization of the bakery.
- Selection and preparation of the necessary premises in compliance with the sanitary requirements of the SES.
- Acquisition of technological equipment.
- Hiring employees.
- Obtaining a package of permits.
- Purchase of raw materials.
- The beginning of the functioning of the bakery.